The company’s designer and founder, jewellery artist Matti Hyvärinen, is a multitalented master of visual arts. He is one of the most outstanding jewellery designers in the Nordic Countries. He has also made many technical inventions and improvements in the jewellery field and written a textbook on jewellery casting.
The list of design awards and other merits received by Matti Hyvärinen is impressive.
- Diamonds International Award 1967, New York
- RJA President’s Display Award 1977, New York
- Int. Pearl Design Contest, HM. 1983, Tokyo
- Gemmy Award, HM. 1987, Los Angeles
- Goldsmith of the Year 1987, Finland
- Int. Art Competition, Certificate of Excellence 1988, NY
- 15th Novum Calendar Competition Award 1990, München
- International Prix Arctica Competition III prize 1992, Kemi
- Finalist in the World Competition of Arts and Crafts 1999, Kanazawa
- Finalist in the International Craft Competition 2001, Itami
- (Several Titles of Honor. Works in NASA’s Space Museum in Houston, Texas)